What a lovely day. Sunny and warm enough for shirt sleeves. I wandered around the main square today trying to familiarize myself with the landmarks and available cuisine. The Diner is still here and in full operation but I've resisted the temptation to go there just yet - mainly for caloric reasons. I indulged every food craving I had on the drive out to Ohio, which has left me feeling a little bloated.
I did some writing this afternoon as I watched nervous parents releasing their young into the gene pool that is Athens. My neighborhood, South College Street, is also the home of many of the campus' Greek organizations (Fraternal - not like you Alana), and the beer drinking, shirtless boys made a great show of enthusiasm for any female who happened to be in the company of a parent. One mother, late forties, surprised them back when she mistook their attention for herself and shouted, "Thank you - handsome boys!"
The boys disguised their embarrassment by hiding their face behind a quick swig from their beer cup.
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment