I got it all. The full-on blast of academia (which I now believe is a chemical imbalance in the blood). The issue is four classes competing for a limited supply of equipment. There is a meeting scheduled Friday. I might be invited.
My first class took place at 1pm in an undersized, stuffy classroom. Temperature was about 85 degrees and the predominate odor was flip-flop foot. The forty, primarily second year students, managed to stay awake for my introduction but better than a third of them were swinging their heads after an half-hour. The good news: they are smart and enthusiastic about almost everything except sitting still. I definitely have sympathy for all the instructors I've know who have had to face a sleepy class. Tough crowd.
My second class took place in the evening (after I took a nap and had my second breakfast complete with coffee). This group was mostly seniors and much better connected with each other and uninhibited with me. I designed a PowerPoint presentation about Myers-Briggs based on the characters from LOST. The bad news: only two of the twenty student had ever watched the program. I suddenly felt like I had dropped onto an island in the middle of nowhere.
I was relieved to have 8pm roll by.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now I want to see that Power Point! Great idea, even if they don't know the show.
Tracy
Post a Comment